Friday, March 25, 2022

Ukraine's Police General offers to be taken hostage by Russia in exchange of Mariupol children

MARIUPOL, Ukraine

Amid escalating Russia-Ukraine war and Mariupol taking the maximum blow of Moscow’s forces, Ukrainian Police General, Vyacheslav Abroskin, has offered himself as a hostage to Russian troops in exchange for the evacuation of children from the port city.

Ukrainian Police General, Vyacheslav Abroskin

Amid reports stating that Mariupol is 90% destroyed and humanitarian crisis is soaring, Abroskin said in a statement on Thursday that even before the war started in late February, he had promised the residents to defend Mariupol.

Underscoring that there are “many children” in Mariupol who will “die in the coming days” if not saved now, the Ukrainian general appealed to the “Russian occupants” to provide him with the opportunity to get the children out of the city.

He asked to let him in Mariupol for 3 days and arrange the evacuation of the children.

According to the translated Facebook post, Abroskin said, “I appeal to the Russian occupants - give me the opportunity to get children out of Mariupol, instead of living children I offer myself.”

Further emphasising the Russian troops to consider his proposal, the Ukrainian general stated that he is on Moscow’s sanctions list.

“I am a police general who directly organized a protest against you on Donetsk from 2014 to 2018. I'm included in your sanction list. I'm in your search. You arranged an attempt on me to eliminate. Dozens of yours were killed and thousands of your helpers were detained in my presence,” he said while adding, “My life belongs to me alone and I offer it in exchange for the lives of children who still remain in Mariupol.”

No comments:

Post a Comment